Mantis

MyReport and anonymous reporting

Posted by cgalpin 
MyReport and anonymous reporting
April 13, 2009 03:54AM
Hi all

I'm a new user and just trying to get my bearings and choose the best route to take for setting up Mantis for my needs. I would like to make my customizations survive future upgrades if at all possible.

First, let me tell you that I probably want to use Mantis in a way that is a bit unusual. I don't want to track software bugs. In fact this has nothing to do with computers - I want to use it to track problems people have with their homes/apartments in a managed community, like if they have a leaking fawcett, or want to report a clogged drain, light bulb out in a parking lot, make a suggestion about activities, etc.

So to do this I'll be making a lot of simple customizations to change wording and things to make it less like software bug tracking. So "Projects" will be "Communities", hide things like OS version, etc. So far this is looking nice and easy in Mantis, and will survive upgrades too!

But I need to "dumb down" the reporting side. I want to allow anonymous issue reporting, but if they do it anonymously, then don't allow them to view any issues at all. We will encourage them to register and then they can track the issues.

Likewise, I want to send them to a single page for their own community that they can submit a report for and not even be asked for the project for example. Even when they register, I'd like to hide the project choice (based on the page they go to) and associate their account with that project (community) automatically. Again just to keep it nice and simple. All they want to do is report a problem and have someone fix it, and or get back to them.

So, I found the plugin manager (http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/index.php) and installed the MyReport plugin. It does a great job of letting me control what fields they see. So I can remove "Reproducibility" for example. Great!

I have also enabled anonymous/guest logins. This works ok for the reporting side other than asking them to choose a project and I will see if making a wrapper page for this will solve that. But I also don't want them to be able to do anything else as a guest other than report a problem, but instead they automatically get logged in and see all kinds of confusing stuff.

On the wiki I found something in the customization section on anonymous reporting which sounds pretty much want I want:

[www.mantisbt.org]

But the download link to the source is broken:

[mantisbt.sourceforge.net]

Does anyone know how to get this download, or have any recommendations on how to achieve my goal? Setup simple pages for each project that are customized with a look and feel and allow reporting issues?

tia,
charles
Re: MyReport and anonymous reporting
April 13, 2009 09:47AM
cgalpin
But the download link to the source is broken:

[mantisbt.sourceforge.net]

Does anyone know how to get this download, or have any recommendations on how to achieve my goal? Setup simple pages for each project that are customized with a look and feel and allow reporting issues?

I think you should ask this question to the Mantis team.

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
gom
Re: MyReport and anonymous reporting
April 15, 2009 11:14AM
Hi,

Try to contact us: kenito@300baud.org (http://www.mantisbt.org/manual/manual.modifications.anonymous.reports.php) and guille@sms.nl (http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=1616&nbn=1) ! winking smiley

Gôm

Mantis : 1.0.6 - 1.1.2 (avec Plugins)
Apache : 2.0.63
PHP : 4.4.9
MySQL : 5.0.51b
Environnement : WAMP Server 2.0c

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 11:15AM by gom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr