Mantis

Plugin Manager 0.4.0 - Won't install Says Failed!

Posted by indigoseth 
Plugin Manager 0.4.0 - Won't install Says Failed!
December 14, 2009 02:11AM
Ok,

Long story short, I installed the plug in manager 0.4.0, and it seemed to work fine.

I was in the process of trying to update the wiki plugin by following the directions. I understood it that i should copy the files from the plugin to the mantis folder.

After doing this i wasn't able to access my website anymore. after tinkering with it for a while, i decided the only resolution was to delete the /www/xxxx folder copy my data back from a backup. I ran the update to 1.1.8 again, and did the install of the database again which prolly wasn't nessary considering the database had already been updated to 1.1.8; however, after doing all that.. I copied all the plugin files for the plugin manager 0.4.0 into my /www/xxx folder. All seemed well, until i tried to run the plug in manager install. Which came up with a nice FAIL! ..

I then tried removing and reinstalling the files several times and reinstalling my back up data files to no avail. I have also gone into the mantis database and removed the plugin referances just incase there was some kinda issues with the plugin manager seeing that the database entries were already there and calling foul.

No luck there.

I have even tried installing an older version..

Is there anyway i can find out more details than a very generic fail? so maybe i can do some more detailed troubleshooting..

I am quite frustrated and would like to be able to use the wiki feature in documenting my company policies and procedures inside mantis..

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Plugin Manager 0.4.0 - Won't install Says Failed!
December 14, 2009 02:27AM
Well,

Out of desperation I tried reinstalling the plugin again, and restarted my web server.

I then tried to access in install link for the plugin and it installed.

If anyone has any light to shed as to why it worked.. i would appreciate it.

Thanks

but for now it seems like it is working.
Re: Plugin Manager 0.4.0 - Won't install Says Failed!
January 26, 2010 06:21PM
Please remember to download pluginmanager-0.4.0.tar.gz and extract it in mantis root.
it should work fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr