Mantis

Upgrade Mantis and keep plugins

Posted by dlgrasse 
Upgrade Mantis and keep plugins
November 24, 2008 05:06AM
Do you have notes anywhere that document best practices for managing your plugins when upgrading Mantis?

In a sandbox I've upgraded Mantis from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 following their notes (basically just unpack new Mantis beside old Mantis and copy over config_inc.php). Should I be able to install the plugin-manager and the plugins in this new 1.1.5 version just as I did with the 1.1.4 version and expect to maintain the existing configurations/customizations?

I found one post of yours in another thread talking about using the Upgrade Mantis link in the Plugin Manager screen. Is that applicable in the scenario I've described.

dlgrasse

Mantis 1.1.4
MySQL 5.0.67
PHP 5.2.6
WindowsXP
Re: Upgrade Mantis and keep plugins
November 24, 2008 08:51AM
You should always use the Upgrade link before changing PHP file.

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
November 24, 2008 02:49PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "before changing the PHP file". In my case the steps I've followed for upgrading Mantis are:
1- click Plugin Manager's "Upgrade" link in existing 1.1.4 installation
2- download 1.1.5 and unzip in a folder beside my current 1.1.4 installation
3- run ~/mantis/admin/install.php in 1.1.5 installation
4- unpack PluginManager on top of new 1.1.5 installation
5- go to ~/mantis/plugins_page.php in new 1.1.5 installation

At this point I see several links in my menu that look to refer to plugins but are broken. (No surprise here as they haven't been installed in the 1.1.5 system.) And on the 'plugins_page.php' page I see all the install steps listed and in green (although the plugin version is listed as 0.3.0, which is not the one I dowloaded, 0.4.0). And when I click on the "Return to Plugin Manager" link, or the "Plugins" link from the menu I get this same screen (the one with the install steps listed.)

Any thoughts on this? Should I try to install 1.1.5 on top of my 1.1.4 installation instead since it's not a major release?

dlgrasse

Mantis 1.1.4
MySQL 5.0.67
PHP 5.2.6
WindowsXP
November 24, 2008 02:52PM
The sequence is good, you probably forgot to check that the mantis files/directories are writeable by the webserver (before executing the plugins_page.php) winking smiley

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
November 24, 2008 04:04PM
Unfortunately that wasn't it. I'm on Windows for this sandbox env, am the admin of the machine, run the Apache service, and have full control over the Mantis directory.

For now I blew away my Mantis install/database and reinstalled everything. If I wasn't in a position to have done this clean install I would pursue this further with you.

Thanks again for your quick response and assistance.

dlgrasse

Mantis 1.1.4
MySQL 5.0.67
PHP 5.2.6
WindowsXP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr