Mantis

Problems with Export/Import Plugin

Posted by amani h 
Problems with Export/Import Plugin
March 26, 2008 10:22AM
Hello,
I have three main problems related to the same case:
I'm using 2 installations of Instant Mantis1.0.8 on two different machines, I want to import the bugs from the first installation to the second,
In the first one, I have a Project Called "CBJ" and it has many sub-projects, more than 10.

1. When i used the Export/Import plugin to export the bugs in the first installation. I was pointing to the CBJ Project when I made the export, I thought the plugin will export all the bugs under the CBJ and all its sub-projects, but this didn't happen sad smiley, it only exported the bugs under CBJ. Does this mean that I have to repeat the export for all the sub-projects ? or there is another way to configure the plugin to export the main project and all its sub-projects?

2. Trying to export the bugs under one of the sub-projects, I noticed that the plugin exported the bugs under the main project (CBJ) and not the sub-projects !!!!

3.I made a new project on the second installation called it " CBJ", and when importing the bugs exported from the first installation, the plugin raised an error in step 3 saying "Project Not found",
I noticed that i have similar issues id between the two installations. Is this the reason behind the raised error?

I tried ignoring the Bug ID, Project ID and Duplicate ID during the export, and trying to export fewer bugs this time ( in the first time, the total exported bugs were more than 200, in the second it was 3 only),
The plugin worked well this time and import was completed successfully.

but completing this way is really a headache, I wonder if there is a limitation on the number of bugs to be imported?

thx in advance,
Amani
Re: Problems with Export/Import Plugin
March 26, 2008 10:38AM
What is the version of the Import/Export plugin?

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
March 26, 2008 02:19PM
import export-0.0.4

Amani
March 26, 2008 02:33PM
Can you install the last development release?

[bugtracker.morinie.fr]

Vincent

March 26, 2008 04:55PM
tried it, but the three problems persist sad smiley

here is the message the system raises in the third problem:

[color=#3333FF]APPLICATION ERROR #700
Project not found.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
[/color]
March 26, 2008 05:30PM
It is because the project id is not the same in both Mantis installation (I think).

Vincent

March 27, 2008 08:11AM
ys the ID for CBJ in the first installation is 2 while it's 27 in the second one.

seems that i have to unselect the ID's when exporting from the first mantis installation, but still i have two questions:

1. is there a limitation on the number of bugs to be exported/imported?

2. I don't know php coding, how does the plugin work, I thought that it just exports the bugs related to the project to which i'm pointing, those bug should also meet the selected filter in step 2, but i noticed that exports all the bugs that meet the filter regardless of the project, is this correct?

Amani
March 27, 2008 08:42AM
amani h
ys the ID for CBJ in the first installation is 2 while it's 27 in the second one.

seems that i have to unselect the ID's when exporting from the first mantis installation, but still i have two questions:

1. is there a limitation on the number of bugs to be exported/imported?

Yes, it depends on your server capabilities (PHP max execution time first, Apache max execution time...).

2. I don't know php coding, how does the plugin work, I thought that it just exports the bugs related to the project to which i'm pointing, those bug should also meet the selected filter in step 2, but i noticed that exports all the bugs that meet the filter regardless of the project, is this correct?

Yes, you can select the project by choosing only the categories of the project you want to export.

Vincent

June 25, 2008 07:56PM
Vincent,

I want to be able import "new" bugs en mass with a subset of the mantis fields from a CSV or XLS format. I have been doing this manually using 'myphpadmin', but it appeared that the import/export plugin was a cleaner method.

I'am having a problem with the import operation. Here is my environment:

MySQL : 5.0.51a
PHP : 5.2.5
Apache : 2.2.8 (Win32)
Mantis : 1.1.1
Plugin Mgr: 0.2.1
Import/Ex : 0.1.0a9

I created a subset of the mantis fields using the import/export plugin. I used this subset to export some test bugs from mantis - these files in the various formats looked good. Then I deleted the test bugs in mantis and attempted to use the import plugin to recreate the bugs. None of the previously created export formats would reload the deleted bugs and of all the formats I tried, only the XML format would reach step 3 of the import with data.

What do you recommend?
June 26, 2008 08:40AM
The import supports only the XML format with the following "rules": Importing issues

Vincent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr